Although I am not a world class philosopher by any means, occasionally I get an idea for a philosophical quote
that may be useful to someone. If you see fit to use any of these elsewhere, permission is hereby granted with
the request that the appropriate credit be given.
1. "Growing old sucks, but it beats the hell out of dying young."
2. "Be careful how you criticize anyone who actually earns his paycheck."
3. "Those who cannot accomplish anything significant on their own are the ones who shoot the
most arrows at those who do. I would rather have arrows in my back than go through life as a
Big Fat ZERO."
4. "Authority and Common Sense are not mutually inclusive."
5. "Those who make the rules are not always right, but because they MAKE the rules, they are NEVER WRONG."
6. There is a saying in the military - "It is easier to get forgiveness than to get permission." This mindset, plus the
normal "Git R Done" attitude of a Coast Guardsman has failed me miserably outside the military. This next
saying was posted on my office wall for over a year. But one day, I carelessly disregarded my own warning to myself and
promptly collected yet another disciplinary write-up. "The more you DO, the greater your chances of DOING something
WRONG. Therefore, do only what you have to!"
7. "One difficult task in management is trying to motivate people who are deathly afraid that they might accidentally
end up doing MORE than SOMEONE ELSE!"